To submit an application, please email our Admission Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions? What’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance? This innovative degree is firmly rooted in your own experience. You’ll investigate how organisations think and work, how they’re managed, and the external world in which they operate. You can focus entirely on business management, or choose to specialise within the subject areas of Accounting, Economics, Leadership practice, innovation and enterprise, ICT or Marketing.
Key features of the course
- Develops your understanding of business organisations and their key elements
- Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how all these work together
- Helps you relate your studies to your own experience
- Offers a choice of specialist routes
- Equips you for a wide range of employment opportunities across all sectors
This degree has three stages, each comprising 120 credits.
- You’ll start Stage 1 with a 60-credit introductory business and management module.
- Thereafter, for your remaining 300 credits, you can continue with a broad study of business or choose one from a range of specialist routes.
We make all our qualifications as accessible as possible and have a comprehensive range of services to support all our students. The BA (Honours) Business Management uses a variety of study materials and has the following elements:
- Studying a mixture of printed and online material – online learning resources may include websites, audio/video media clips, and interactive activities such as online quizzes
- Using mathematical and scientific expressions, notation and assorted techniques
- Working in a group with other students
- Using and producing diagrams or screenshots
- Undertaking practical work
- Finding external/third party material online
- Using specialist software.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
This qualification develops your learning in four main areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
The level and depth of your learning gradually increases as you work through the qualification. You’ll be supported throughout by the ELBC unique style of teaching and assessment – which includes a personal tutor to guide and comment on your work; top quality course texts; e-learning resources like podcasts, interactive media and online materials; tutorial groups and community forums.
If you have already studied at university level, you may be able to count it towards your ELBC qualification – which could save you time and money by reducing the number of modules you need to study. At the ELBC we call this credit transfer.
You should apply for credit transfer before you register, at least 4 weeks before the registration closing date. We will need to know what you studied, where and when and you will need to provide evidence of your previous study.
Annual Tuition: $1,200
Course Duration: Full Time: 3-year average
Classification of your degree
On successfully completing this course, you’ll be awarded the BA (Honours) Business Management degree. If you choose to specialise – for example, in economics, your degree title will be BA (Honours) Business Management (Economics).
The class of degree are (first, upper second, lower second or third class honours) depends on your grades at Stages 2 and 3.
To know more about this course check the Business Management Brochure